Corrupted data

pclab

Hey Guys

Do you usually get corruption after imaging a drive?
How do you deal with that with your clients?

I keep getting more and more people complaining that they still have corrupted files, even after I pass DE several times, with different configurations to try to extract the more that I can....

pclab

Not that. It's more that clients think they will have all their data back. They don't understand that corruption can occur...

pcn

We tell our clients that we recover what is possible but that media damage or bad blocks will lead to a data loss of some kind. If damage is severe we tell the client that we might not get a great result.

LarrySabo

pclab":c3hbfvt3 said:
[post]6311[/post] Not that. It's more that clients think they will have all their data back. They don't understand that corruption can occur...
Oh, I see what you mean. Sometimes it's like they think it's your fault. A recent customer told me he was so disappointed I couldn't recover his data from a ST2000DM001 drive with extensive media damage. It made me feel like a failure or guilty.

w.simon

Depending the condition of the patient drive I can have some corruption on data too.

Most of time customer accept it because we have done the possible to get the maximum in good condition.