FTP Firmware Database

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
So I'm considering posting all my collected HDD resources to an FTP so others can have access and even upload theirs. Does anyone know if there's any possible legal reprocussions for doing this? I would assume they have copyrights on the code, but I'm just wondering if they've ever made an issue of it.

w.simon

Hello

Luke idea is good the system is already in production and working not so bad.

Or if you want something more private, you can consider bittorent Sync shared folder, that something i use already with some others peoples on DFL Forum.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Not a bad idea. I'll have to consider that. Thou I'd imagine the size will grow quickly if a lot of users upload, and not everyone will want to download the whole nut. Possibly I'll just create an account on my Synology for approved users to have access to download whatever resources they want.

pclab

I have configured the BitSync, but I'm not sharing nothing yet....
Lack of time.
I will try this week :(

w.simon

Hello Jared

On synology you can install bittorent sync as a pluging.
If you make an RO access to your FTP to share your ressources i'm interested :)

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
It can be installed, but it's not a one click install. Takes a lot of work in terminal to set it up. I think I might just do the synology login thing. I already have it iframed into a page on my site. Just need to create a shared account with designated upload folders.