Bad/blown ROM chip on HTS545050B9A300 drive...

300ddr

...and we can't find a donor PCB with the same ROM version (C60F). We have many C64 and some C60Q, but no C60F. Does anyone know of a method to "trick" the drive into using a different version ROM? Or, does anyone happen to have a PCB (0A71398 DA2969) with C60F they'd be willing to sell or lend (for a fee)?
Thanks,
Brian

300ddr

I asked them and they couldn't locate one. Seems like after they started doing data recovery, they are much less helpful than before. Thanks for checking Jared.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the ROM code for that one:

View attachment ROM.rar

Try just writing it to another same number PCB. Or is that one where the utility only has the option to read ROM, but no option to write it?

jol

300ddr":3huld1ja said:
[post]5338[/post] they are much less helpful than before.
I think its because they never thought to specify this detail (ROM ver.) And don't have the time/nerve/man power to do it now
Imagine that they have 52 PCB's in stock now, to connect to PC3K just to check out the ROM ver,

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, just confirmed it's one of the odd ones where you can only read the ROM. I'm not sure what the point of reading a ROM is when you can't even write a different ROM back. Maybe Hitachi ROM really is "Read Only Memory".

Anyway, I've got a functional drive with that same FW version:
60F.jpg

$125 for the whole drive.

300ddr

Thanks very much for checking Jared! How about a "lending" situation? Like $25 for just the PCB and I'll mail it back when done?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
No, I don't do that. Too much to keep track of. Just buy it off me, then re-sell it on ebay when you're done. That's what I do with most of mine. It's a rare part number that Donor Drives sells for $175, so you should have no problem eventually selling it. Perhaps even at a profit.

Here's the listing if you want it: https://www.data-medics.com/product/hts ... lc-da2831/