ACE's blog is locked

jol

In July 2015 ace decided to open their forum to everyone, but lately decided to lock all recent articles on their blog.
The first locked article was "Seagate F3. Unlocking Self-Encrypting Drive.", and I thought maybe this one they want it locked because it's unique and the first commercial tool who support it, but since then, every article is password protected.
I'm wondering why is it

pclab

I believe it might be a way of keeping other guys out, but so they also should do it on the forum...

jol

pclab":vgmyhdx4 said:
[post]5159[/post] I believe it might be a way of keeping other guys out, but so they also should do it on the forum...
This is what I can't understand
The forum WAS locked and kept everyone (except PC3K owners) else out, and despite that they decided to remove the protection and give access to everyone.
not to mention that some protected articles (on the blog) was NOT protected at first and suddenly desided to protect it (I'm not reffering to trade secrets).
That's why I'm wondering....

pclab

LarrySabo":2ivgr67z said:
[post]5161[/post] Rats! I should have saved it as a PDF while I had the chance.

Not all topics are blocked. Only new ones...
So you still can see them.

HaQue

I wouldn't get too worried initially, it is probably someone upgrading the site software or mucking about with configuration or features, and they will get it right sooner or later.

pclab

HaQue":1e8ja3ka said:
[post]5166[/post] I wouldn't get too worried initially, it is probably someone upgrading the site software or mucking about with configuration or features, and they will get it right sooner or later.

I don't think so, because I already got a password and they told me to keep it only to me.
Maybe this will start to be usual....

LarrySabo

My account password doesn't work. I saved all the non-password-protected articles as PDFs, just in case the disease spreads.

jol

HaQue":28m389qx said:
[post]5166[/post] I wouldn't get too worried
oh, I'm not worried ;) just wondering.
HaQue":28m389qx said:
initially, it is probably someone upgrading the site software or mucking about with configuration or features, and they will get it right sooner or later.
I'm not sure about that
That article "Seagate F3. Step-by-step examination checklist" was NOT locked the first 48 hours (at least) from publishing (I wouldn't post a thread if it was locked in the first place), and suddenly became locked...