No terminal-After Head replacement

betty

Hello to all,

I have seagate ST3500DM002,Fw:JC48, had the problem with head. start and spindown with sound. I replaced with head of same model and now it has DRD and DRD with spinning . But no ID and No terminal. I also tried short -pin and but nothing happen. Ctrl Z nothing help to me. Any one had the same experience , please share with me.

betty
crystal

betty

hai,
i have the mistake, model is ST500DM002, FW: JC4B. Actually, I didn't checked the terminal , before head stack replacment. But the drive was working condition,(donor -drive).

Now i change the pcb of SAME model, after that continues spinning is with hdd(patient)

betty

jol

betty":97e8oc6p said:
[post]4764[/post] i have the mistake, model is ST500DM002,
I thought so
Actually, I didn't checked the terminal , before head stack replacment. But the drive was working condition,
working condition ? what does it mean ?
Why have you decided to replace the HSA ?
Now i change the pcb of SAME model, after that continues spinning is with hdd(patient)
have you moved the ROM ?
What about terminal log with the new PCB ?
have you eliminated TTL cable problems ?

betty

hello jol,
I again and again i tried the short-pin process and now i got the terminal.

At present i can access the F3 T>
but the file translator 28h is corrupted or the sector is bad. so that i cant take the bakup of that file 28h or the translator regen also not functioning.
I could able to backup 1B,35h,93h system files...
And for a while, just now i got the all the ID and capacity serial everything i got . but when i power off/ON it comes on previous stage again.
I feel that its totally related to translator.May be one of the head is weak.

anyone have any suggestion except the again head replacement

Please give some idea...

betty

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Did you try disabling everything in system file 93 and writing it back to the drive? That might go a long way toward stabilizing it so you can work with it. Also, what tools do you have available to work with, PC-3000?