Buy External HDD's in Bulk

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know of a place you can buy external hard drives in bulk at a good price? I sell about 5-6 per week, mostly Toshiba Canvios, and I've just been buying them on Amazon. Have any of you ever found a place you can buy these by the case and save a few bucks? Even if it's $5 less per drive, it's that much more profitable.

300ddr

We buy on amazon also. One thing to consider, if you haven't already, is getting a tax exempt account with amazon for purchases you will be re-selling.

lcoughey

We have a Synnex warehouse 5 minutes from us. I just order 5-10 at a time, stocking 1TB and 2TB portables, few larger desktop externals, and some thumb drives.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
300ddr":2bq9jjzz said:
We buy on amazon also. One thing to consider, if you haven't already, is getting a tax exempt account with amazon for purchases you will be re-selling.

I don't think we pay any sales tax on Amazon here in RI regardless. I'm pretty sure that only applies to states where they have a physical warehouse. Since RI is such a small state, it all comes from Massachusetts to here.