LarrySabo
Data Recovery Master

Time to Brush Up on Drobo Data Recovery

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:41 am

Just to close my contribution to this thread, my customer returned my hard drives and RAID enclosure yesterday and I refunded all but my attempt fee from the $1,000 security deposit he provided part way through the process. After many weeks of effort running ReclaiMe's Drobo recovery program trial against the clones/images on a PC running a fast i7 with 16GB of memory, it was stalled at 38% complete with virtually no disk activity and limited memory usage. He has abandoned all hope of recovering the data. ReclaiMe tech support suspects that the file map is damaged/incomplete and that scuppers any recovery hopes. Very disappointing.

lcoughey
Forum Moderator

Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:58 am

And, if memory serves me correctly, my theory about drobo clients not putting much value on their data stands true with this client.

mikem
Data Recovery Noob

Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:13 am

For info about Drobo, look at the Patents .. This one here for example (info starts some way into the document)

looks like Im not allowed to post links, oh well/.

Jared
Forum Admin

Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:58 pm

mikem wrote:For info about Drobo, look at the Patents .. This one here for example (info starts some way into the document)

looks like Im not allowed to post links, oh well/.

Try posting your link again. It's just the first three posts that are restricted to cut down on link dump spam.

Return to “RAID Data Recovery Forum”