WWWHHYYYYY?????

pclab

I wonder why only the clients with tough cases accept the prices for recovery?
Why don't the easy cases are not accepted?? Why? WHY? WWWHHHYYYYY??? :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Hahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been saying this for a long time. Every time I try quoting a project high hoping they back out they insist on proceeding. Just the other day, I was telling my wife that we need to start quoting double the price and then try to talk them out of it when it's easy cases.

lcoughey

I don't have that issue at all...though I do sometimes quote projects hoping that the client will turn it down, yet they still give the go ahead. But, it is very rare for me to have a client turn down my base rate.

pclab

I don't want to turn down any case.
I just meant that, it's allot more work sometimes to earn the same ahahahah

LarrySabo

I'd say you're not quoting high enough on what you expect to be a tough case. My failing, is not clarifying at the outset how much the customer is willing to pay, i.e., what the data would be worth if recovered. I like to be able to offer a listing of "recoverable" files to entice the customer but that requires recovery of the data on spec. It ends up wasting time and effort when they turn down the quote. Perhaps I need to implement Luke's minimum price approach but I don't like to discourage business, either.

pclab

Maybe I didn't explained right.
What I mean is that sometimes, those jobs of 100$ (image a drive for instance, almost no work at all, only leaving the imager working and thats about it), get turned down.
Cases were I will probably need 2 or 3 head swaps (although the clients accepted the price I give them), they are accepted.
My point is: why don't the guys of 100$ accept too?? ahahahhaha

LarrySabo

Yes, that's how I understood you, Nuno. My thought was, unless you get, say, 20% refusals of the difficult cases, you're perhaps not asking enough for them and therefore leaving money on the table. Regarding those who turn down the quotes on easy cases, that's where a minimum price or assessment fee would save you from wasting time even bothering with them.

I guess it's also a matter of expectations: those who consider their data valuable expect it's going to cost a lot to recover but they are willing to pay because maybe their business (or marriage) depends on it. LOL. Isn't it great when the jobs recovering valuable data turn out to be easy -- as well as profitable. :mrgreen: