Why No One Should Be Using Tom's Hardware

HaQue

Its always.. blah, blah, blah.. Backblaze. I read the Backblaze study, now I am an expert in failure rates. It gets old, fast. I tell people that insist on using backblaze to make a decision to make sure they also buy the same hardware it was tested on to make sure they get the same results.

Suggestion

Why not allocate a statistics Page in this forum contains the names of the most manufacturers of hard drives, every member can enter in daily situations which it receives from the damaged disks and in the end the year summarizing statistics for this Forum for Most makes a defective

I know that the number will not be accurate because the marketing of a certain Brand of hard Drive may be more in the State than other , and you can use the statistics as reference for others Blogs and Ordinary users

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I've been trying to think of a good way to compile such information. The only way I can think of is to just take a years worth of data from each company and break down how many of each brand came in. Then compare that with the percent of market share that each manufacturer sells.