ST380211A Tonka2

protech

Hi Everyone,

A ST380211A Tonka2 drive, comes ready with a faint buzzing(cranking) noise. It Id's Mdl, Serial, FW and Capacity correct. But in terminal it gives ErrCode 43 continuously. I have attached the Screen shot. Does this indicate the "pending bug" or lots of bad sectors?

Attachments

• ST380211A Tonka2.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,271

hddguy

This is pending bug. You can usually solve by creating a loader. There is terminal command you can send to the drive but if there are any surface read errors and CERT does not rebuild then drive will be in worse condition.

Can you save APP code from it and import to a loader? *At some older models this may not work so well, but it should be tried first before any other thing is tried.

protech

ok I was able to save the APP code. How do I imoprt it to a LDR? oh and it also is showing F> at the terminal after Ctrl-Z...

hddguy

Select 'Load LDR' and find an existing one in database (or download one, or make LDR from good donor). After LDR from database is selected next to App Code in dialog window that opens is a settings button. Press it and at the HEX view that opens right click select 'load from file' and select your app code. Now save as new LDR and use it.