ST2000LM003, HN-M201RAD/AV2 Donor check

I have patient ST2000LM003, HN-M201RAD/AV2, FW 2BE10001 not easy to find this model in my country.
found this. ST2000LM003, HN-M201RAD/AS2, FW 2BE10001
What do you think?
Never swapped head this model before.
Is this model SMR or PMR?

Also I wonder whether 2BCxxxx Firmware compatible or not for this model

check.jpg

Attachments

• check.jpg
    check.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 9

lcoughey

Are you able to power on long enough to read the preamp details in terminal for each drive? That part is essential. Another way to check is to take the patient PCB and put it on the donor. If you don't get a preamp mismatch error, you should be good to go.

Are you able to power on long enough to read the preamp details in terminal for each drive? That part is essential. Another way to check is to take the patient PCB and put it on the donor. If you don't get a preamp mismatch error, you should be good to go.
Thnx for reply. Donor not in my hand. I would buy over internet in my country.
For your second way; I have killed donor's head once. Lol. It was a WD. I don't remember more details about family model etc. But I am stil using this method sometimes after check something about compatibility

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say it has a very good chance it'll match. Only one month difference in the manufacture and from the same site. I doubt they were using two different sets of heads for the model within a two-month period.