[SOLVED] SED SpyGlass with board 800041 heads map how to

FAsTec

Hello

premise: the ROM from the USB board written in the unlocked SATA board returns again a SED locked drive.

Unlock the ROM with new utility 7.1.10 looks not supported for SpyGlass simple,
with "simple" I mean those with board 800041,
and I suppose it is due to the simple reason that usually any board 800022 is not locked

So I did the processes

- read the USB original board ROM
- written it in the unlocked SATA board
- blocked module 30
- uploaded compatible dir and loader from donor FW
- restarted utility in normal mode
- saved all the modules

but here you don't have an ID and don't have drive capacity neither if you soft reset,

at this point I have a personal memory bug
:-)
sorry

now how do we create the heads map? I ask it because as said above uploading compatible dir and loader from donor FW and restarting in normal mode won't give any capacity nor ID neither if soft reset

so with original modules saved

I have powercycled the drive (still module 30 access blocked) and now used the saved original modules for uploading
- DIR
- OVLs
- module 02

in SA, tried also soft reset

I have ID but I don't have capacity

would :) you kindly recall me how are we supposed to do the heads map in these SpyGlass(es) drives?

I'm sure I forget something though I don't and I didn't edit/ed the HDD ID because I'm not sure about possible actions and eventual consequences with SpyGlass

Thank you for any hint

Last edited:

pclab

If my memory is right, on DE you can create headmap using several option that pop up. Have you tested them?

FAsTec

I cannot run any since currently I can only restore module 30 access
at that point the drive is SED locked

I tried also to block module 02 instead of module 30 but I'm not familiar with that procedure and I don't know if it does work with SpyGlass with board USB 800041 alias SATA 800022

also I have another here same WD40NMZW-11GX6S1 here , which just moving the ROM on the SATA 800022 board, is now unlocked , unique thing I have blocked reallocation in edit HDD ID

Last edited:

FAsTec

Ok

solved

reason for this entire topic is that we are not so confident about editing HDD ID in the SpyGlass

thoug since heads were tested and fine both reading and writing. we edited HDD ID

removed the usual SED tick, and the rest is as usual

interesting to be noticed that SED v2 is now supported and decrypted correctly (not yet aware of that)