Samsung 250GB SSD freezes computer on plugging in

Don't Lose Your Data Forever!

DIY data recovery has risks. You could lose your data forever! Don't want to risk it? Talk to a professional now.

lrdillinger

Good Evening,

i recently got a damaged SSD from my father and he asked me if i can do anything to rescue data.
I said i give it a try and plugged it into my Cradle and connected it via USB to my windows PC.
First the Windows Explorer froze and then the whole OS.
So I tried to clone the disk with my Disk cloning station but it didn't start (cloning indicators wont turn on as usual)
Then I booted my Ubuntu and tried to start Gparted and Testdisk, which stuck in the analyzing of disks.
Then my whole Ubuntu installation froze.
So I tried to boot up the Seagate Disk Analyzer OS, which would not boot with the disk plugged in.
Normally I would put every Information I get from disk analyzing in a question like this, but as I get no response and everything freezes, so I can get no information about the disk.
Is there any trick I could use to get any tool to recognize the SSD?
This is my first question in this forum, so feel free to call me out about any missing information I could provide.

lcoughey

Perhaps we could start by your providing the full model of the SSD. The odds are, the SSD is in a safe firmware safe mode due to damaged firmware stored on the NAND. Assuming that it is a model that is supported by PC3000 SSD, it might be recoverable by a professional data recovery lab with the necessary tools and knowledge needed.