Retrieving data from NAS after one disk died

Strider42

Hello folks, I have a Seagate Blackarmor NAS that was used for backing up old files in our company.
We had three 4TB Seagate hard drives that have been configured as a span, and one of them died (the last one). I've tried to recover the volume by replacing the disk and accessing the NAS configuration page, but it failed. Now I'm trying to recover the data from the other two disks, but I don't have much knowledge in data recovery, so I'm trying to learn how can I do it.

I've scanned the first drive on the Wodershare RecoverIt software, and it can read the data, but the filenames are messed up. Searching about this, I've found that it's because the directory info could not be found. Is there a way to recover this info?
In ReclaiMe File Recovery, it shows some info about the drive and the span: https://prntscr.com/truw5n

Can you help me with some tips on how to recover this data with the original filenames, if it's possible?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Strider42":yuxgqyqu said:
[post]16502[/post] Wodershare RecoverIt

Throw that junk away and get a real program. Wondershare is wonderful at SPAMMing their lies all over the internet, and that is about it.

Get yourself a good program like R-Studio or even UFS Explorer

You can build the span of disks right in the software and then probably just open it right up. It'll probably even automate it for you.

That is, of course, assuming that the failed drive really is the last one in the span. If you lose the first disk then the file tables all go with it.