Repair PDF files after data recovery

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
So I had some PDF files that were only partially recovered and client needed them back in a hurry. Other PDF repair software didn't seem to be working well, but then I tried this: https://www.pdf-online.com/osa/repair.aspx

Actually worked quite well. It charges a few euro per PDF, unless you're willing to live with a watermark, but it works wonders.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I may have tried a demo of it some years back, but probably should revisit it.

LarrySabo

michael chiklis":tjkfu8ol said:
[post]8761[/post] I have OfficeRecovery 2013 Ultimate 13.0.40450 to fix many type of files.
Have you ever tried it, Jared
I looked for this program but was challenged figuring out who the legitimate author is. A portable version of "OfficeRecovery 2013 Ultimate 13.0.40450" is listed by 10 or 65 security programs on VirusTotal as being infected. Trusted security programs like BitDefender, Kaspersky, et al, said it is not infected but I am loathe to "just try it." Software Informer says the author is officerecovery.com, but they show the latest version as 2012. I saw on one of the sources that it is $599 USD for commercial use, IIRC. Can you shed any light on the program, Michael?

Addendum:
The publisher's (Recoveronix's) site licensing page says for the Standard and Enterprise licenses, "The product may not be used while rendering data recovery services to third parties. See Service license for these types of use." And the Service license says "The license terminates in one year from the date of purchase. For continued use of the product, the license must be renewed annually." The service license for the OfficeRecovery 2012 Essential version is $508 USD and for the OfficeRecovery 2012 Ultimate version, $848 USD. For those ridiculous prices, they can't afford to update their website to show that the program version is actually the latest available (2014, not 2012)?

No thanks.

I have portable version but until now i used only the Pixrecovery utility which is not bad compared to other commercial pics recovery software that i've tried.
The pixrecovery is pretty good on repairing those file that can't be opened, once you're able to open the file after using this utility you might need to fix some other stuff like bad pixel/altered colours, in that case Pixrecovery will not help.
For this last type of issue the only good tool that i've found is JRS