PC3000 Portable 3 SAS Adapter DIY?

noobsit

Hi all.

I have a question regarding the PC3000 III SAS Adapter and I want your guys opinion.

SAS adapter kit+universal utility.jpg

I believe for PC3000 Portable III convert most of the interface to M.2 on Port 0.

002-news-item_2.jpg

Screenshot 2023-11-07 162937.png

Therefore, do you guys think it is possible to convert the M.2 to a single M.2 to mini SAS adapter?

Such as,

sg-11134201-7rbkn-llbgyxd89yngcf.jpeg

or

MLkgZhQ11677841331-420x420.jpg

Considering the design look relatively 'simple', I believe the internal PC3000 Portable CPU/Controller that handles the interface.

Screenshot 2023-11-07 162623.png

The primary goal is I want to diagnose and test a SAS drive. If possible, to image and recover just using this method.

If you guys have better solutions, I appreciate if you could share it to me. (except the obvious of buying the SAS adapter).

pclab

Hi all.

I have a question regarding the PC3000 III SAS Adapter and I want your guys opinion.

View attachment 1845

I believe for PC3000 Portable III convert most of the interface to M.2 on Port 0.

View attachment 1843

View attachment 1844

Therefore, do you guys think it is possible to convert the M.2 to a single M.2 to mini SAS adapter?

Such as,

View attachment 1847

or

View attachment 1848

Considering the design look relatively 'simple', I believe the internal PC3000 Portable CPU/Controller that handles the interface.

View attachment 1846

The primary goal is I want to diagnose and test a SAS drive. If possible, to image and recover just using this method.

If you guys have better solutions, I appreciate if you could share it to me. (except the obvious of buying the SAS adapter).
But you will also need the software SAS module enable. You have it?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Right. It's not just about needing the connection. SAS requires the software to be speaking SCSI not ATA, so it's a moot point if you didn't pay for the SCSI/SAS version.