Magnetic Data Technologies Hard Drive Recovery

Gooseman

Has anyone had any experience with this type of hard drive?
200 GB Enhanced IDE Hard Drive

I bought this external hard drive years ago to store pictures on and it has since crashed. I have been having trouble getting help recovering family photos from it. Would appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this, thanks!

Gooseman

What's wrong with it? Was it already checked by a lab?
No, I am trying to find the best way to get data off of the drive. Just now looking for a reputable lab that doesnt break the bank. . Or maybe something I can do myself. The hard drive was making a weird sound before it quit. Kinda like a whirring noise, possibly the drive motor to the unit.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Information is useless if you don't have the tools and expertise to handle a case. Do you own a cleanroom, head combs, PC-3000? If not, you are out of luck my friend. You can't even properly diagnose the issue without those things, let alone recover the data.

It's not that we don't want to help here, but DIY isn't always an option in cases like yours. Anything you attempt yourself will only make the situation worse.

I don't personally know of any good labs in Indiana to recommend, maybe someone else does. If you want to mail it over to the east coast, we will gladly take a look at it and provide a quote for recovery: https://www.data-medics.com/submit-data-recovery-case-online/