How to salvage corrupt audio files?

jjhooddogg`

Just recovered 80GB of Lost Audio Files that I accidentally deleted off my external hard drive with a media player called Clementine. The recovery tool i used was Easus Data Recovery Wizard 8.0. It successfully recovered all the folders and files but of course, none of them actually work in Itunes or Vlc. I'm currently scanning them with an MP3 recovery tool called MP3 Diags. Any advice as to salvaging my Music collection?

Let me know if you need any more info to help. Any help would be much appreciated!

thanks, Jonas

pclab

jjhooddogg`":3ge5m1jq said:
Just recovered 80GB of Lost Audio Files that I accidentally deleted off my external hard drive with a media player called Clementine. The recovery tool i used was Easus Data Recovery Wizard 8.0. It successfully recovered all the folders and files but of course, none of them actually work in Itunes or Vlc. I'm currently scanning them with an MP3 recovery tool called MP3 Diags. Any advice as to salvaging my Music collection?

Let me know if you need any more info to help. Any help would be much appreciated!

thanks, Jonas
After deleting, did you wrote over it?

Enviado do meu MI 5s através de Tapatalk

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
It's probably not going to be any use to try repairing the files, as it's likely that the correct data wasn't actually recovered. If VLC can't play an audio file, it's probably because the data recovery program was reading data at the wrong offset. So even though you have a file now with the correct size, the data it contains is probably crap that belongs in a different file. Or, as already suggested, because the file has been overwritten.

If you try some non-freeware data recovery software such as R-Studio or R-Explorer you'll probably get much better results.