Hello from Germany

pcn

A warm hello from Germany to the forum members.

I own a DR company in Germany and do physical data recovery quite some years now. In the beginning we did computer repairs and server administration just like some other guys here in the forum but we got more and more requests for data recovery from broken laptops, NAS storage systems and so on and we had to outsource so much jobs that it began to hurt :(
So we decided to go for data recovery some time ago, did a lot of training and get more and more tools like clean room equippment, hardware disk imagers and FW repair tools. And one reason for me to go for DR was that it's a very interesting field to work in: there are many secrets, the "community" is small (you always see the same nicknames no matter where you go :mrgreen: ) and you have to solve tricky problems all the time to get a broken drive running :mrgreen: !
I am a linux-guy, did some reverse engeneering, malware analytics and software developement. Now I do DR because it can be a lot of fun: When you cry at midnight "I can see the pigs!" after hours of work on a broken HDD from a DVR with video footage from a students thesis, thats what makes me happy.

Cheers, Martin

LarrySabo

Welcome, Martin. Good to see another DFL user here! I completely understand and share your delight at recovering precious user data.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Martin, Welcome! Nice to have you here. I went ahead and lifted the restrictions on your account, so you can now add a signature and have full access to all posting privileges. I hope you enjoy the forum.

pcn

sorry, i was ill the last few days, so i could not reply. Thanks for the warm welcome messages :)
@Luke: I am from Berlin.
@Larry: The DFL-forum is a nice place with much useful information, I like their tools too, the FRP does a good job on WD drives.