Google Knows Where You Are!!!

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I find it funny how people here are all up in arms about the government "spying" on their phone calls, when we willingly let Google have far more information. Just follow this link and adjust the time frame to 30 days: https://maps.google.com/locationhistory/b/0

Though I guess it could make a good alias if you're ever falsely accused of a crime.

HaQue

You have no location history from May 6, 2015 to June 4, 2015

:)

Sneaky little snake aren't I ? :)

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Personally I don't really care that Google or the government are spying. I'm not doing anything illegal or embarrassing so why should I care. If the government really has someone assigned to listen to my phone calls, they must be really bored. And Google just wants to shove advertising in my face based on my life history, which is going to happen anyway so it might as well be tailored to me.

HaQue

That argument has been around, and the flaw I see is that what happens when a crazy govt gets elected and suddenly things that used to be acceptable are no longer.. and you have things out in public that "incriminate" you with the new govt. Every time you lose a human right, it is gone for good. You may trust this Govt.. but can you say you will trust every govt in the future?

In some countries, people are shot and killed for things that are perfectly acceptable, even deemed a basic human right.

If you look at how technology is changing, people are not going to stand for the kinds of crap the US govt is doing right now - they are destroying every bit of trust in every way... so what will replace them?? There is a lot to this :)