Formatted Recovery

Hello Guys

I received a drive, which was formatted with Windows Factory Recovery by a Novice Computer repair guy.
I have tried R-Studio and EaseUs they were able to see files and folder structures the way they were originally but non of the files was able to open, all were corrupted.

Is there any other software or method I can use ??

Thanks

pclab

Oh, that will very difficult now. The data area was overwritten, so you will get it all corrupted.
The success of this will be very low...

pclab

You are using the right software. The problem is the damage you already have on the disk. No software will help on that.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
If you're seeing the file/folder structures, it's likely that a good portion of data can be recovered still. Finding all corrupt files is often the result of a misaligned partition. If the original partition was at a different location than the new one, it could be recovering the data for each file in the wrong place. This comes up pretty often on Mac recoveries (though I know you said this one was Windows).

Just out of curiosity, are you scanning just the partition in R-Studio, or did you try scanning the whole physical drive? Sometimes it makes a difference.

@Jared, I scanned the whole drive, I get all folder and file structures just the way they were, but non could open. Its so frustrating. I have done a Job like this before, it wasn't this stressful, maybe am doing something wrong.