DriveSavers Tries to Move into UK / European Market

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Look out Europe! DriveSavers is trying to make a move in on your territory. They just opened a "drop-off location" in London (in addition to their 20 in the USA and Canada).

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... ion-Europe

Perhaps their business here is starting to drop some with Google treating data recovery as a local service more and more.

At least you guys in Poland know you are safe. No hard drive will ever successfully make it in and out of your customs without some unreasonable demand for taxes and proof of a sale that never happened. :lol:

LarrySabo

Jared":3e7k8hy0 said:
[post]9772[/post] At least you guys in Poland know you are safe. No hard drive will ever successfully make it in and out of your customs without some unreasonable demand for taxes and proof of a sale that never happened. :lol:
Same thing for Portugal. That's what Spildit says of the drives I shipped him. They were shipped early November and have been sitting in Customs since arrival.

jol

@Larry tell @Spildit to tell customs to send it back (to the sender) to you
then ship it to another country of the EU
from there, (didn't checked it out, but I believe) it shouldn't be any customs problems

(@pclab M I right ?)

Unless it's not worth the trouble

LarrySabo

@jol, I would have to pay the cost to return it, plus the shipping cost again ($70 CAD) to send it to someone else. I'd rather let Spildit figure it out (or pay whatever). Given that I also paid to ship another drive containing my results, and these same two drives currently being held ransom (which were mailed earlier without tracking/signature and were returned for non-delivery), I'm done with it. :evil:

LarrySabo

jol":3c1sih5h said:
[post]9793[/post]no you dont pay the return
The shipping form indicated two options for cases where the package was undeliverable: 1) dispose of it 2) return it at my expense. However, you might be right.

LarrySabo

I just received the packing back from Canada Post today, saying it was unclaimed. Luckily, there was no charge that the delivery person could figure out. I'm not sure what to do with the test drive. Perhaps use the largest hammer I have to do some percussive maintenance on it. :evil: