DO NOT UPDATE R-STUDIO DEBIAN!!!

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
The latest R-Studio build for Debian Linux is completely broken!!!! Do not update to it to version 3.9.1878 under any circumstances. Whenever it refreshes the device list (such as when you try to build a virtual RAID) all the devices just disappear and you can't do anything. It's completely crippled, even the Network feature is broken so you can't get around it that way either.

Talked with tech support, and they are refusing to even send me an old build so I can roll back. I'm really regretting buying a Technician License from them now! Very angry. Got a RAID here to do and I can't even start until I image them now to image files on a few larger drives as I can't connect this many drives to any of my other systems.

Does anyone have an older Debian install package of R-Studio technician they're willing to share? Apparently R-TT tech support guys aren't willing to share one, and I can't find one saved anywhere.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I guess this harassing post worked, they finally emailed me with an older build install package. :D

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a video showing what it's doing:

[youtube]tN824nLChM8[/youtube]

Don't mind the fact that it's in slow motion. The system didn't handle the capture software well, could barely move the mouse.

Alt-RTT

Harassing isn't a good business practice, either. We started resolving your case well before all those postings.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Well, all I know is I was told on the phone that no older versions would be made available despite this glitch. It was only after these posts and my threats to contact my attorney that the story changed.

And my primary reason for posting this was to warn others from making the mistake of updating to it like I did.