Determine Specs With Missing Label

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I've got an ARM Hitachi drive here that was a DIY special and is now missing the label. Customer doesn't know where it is and thinks it was thrown away. From the PCB I am able to pull the FW, Model Number, and Serial (also on bottom). But, I'm hoping to get a more specific Part No. and MLC as the heads are definitely toast. Does anyone know a way to get more specific information, perhaps from the bar code numbers on the underside of the drive?

Based on the S/N (CCH27PDP) I'm guessing it's P/N: 0J22413 & MLC: DA5218 but I'd like to know for sure if there's a way.

emir_has

I've got an ARM Hitachi drive here that was a DIY special and is now missing the label. Customer doesn't know where it is and thinks it was thrown away. From the PCB I am able to pull the FW, Model Number, and Serial (also on bottom). But, I'm hoping to get a more specific Part No. and MLC as the heads are definitely toast. Does anyone know a way to get more specific information, perhaps from the bar code numbers on the underside of the drive?

Based on the S/N (CCH27PDP) I'm guessing it's P/N: 0J22413 & MLC: DA5218 but I'd like to know for sure if there's a way.
Hi
Now I have same situation. Client provide disk without label. Did you found good way how to determine compatible donor?
I only know that is HGST and side small label are present.
Thanks

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
No, I don't think I ever found a reliable way to get the specs. I think someone pointed me to a tool where you could check the serial number and at least get model number, but it asked what country, and I never figured out which country it was manufactured in either.

In any event, I think the client declined my quote. Probably for the best in a DIY special disaster case like that.