Data lost during partition

hurray

Hi everyone,
I am a novice when it comes to data recovery. I tried to partition my hard drives to increase some space in my C drive and mistakenly deleted data that were on other drives. Can someone tell me how I can recover them? Is there an effective free software available online?

Thank You.
Hurray

lcoughey

Sorry...let me correct my post. I thought I was looking at a different forum.

Step 1 - remove the drive from your system and connect to another system as secondary drive
Step 2 - get a full clone or image of the drives that suffered data loss
STep 3 - scan the clone/image for lost data using various data recovery programs

If your lost data is important to you, it is better to seek professional assistance before you make any attempts of your own.

ChristianMorris

There are several free data recovery software options available online that you can use to try to recover the deleted files. Some popular options include Recuva, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free, and MiniTool Power Data Recovery. These software work by scanning your hard drive for deleted files and attempting to recover them. It's important to note, however, that the success rate of data recovery can vary depending on the specific situation and how long it has been since the files were deleted. It's also highly recommended to stop using the affected drive and not to install the software on the same drive to prevent overwriting the deleted files.

FYI, best data recovery software are, UFS explorer, R-Studio or DMDE, all are paid ones. DMDE has free version allowing you to recover up to 4 000 files. But follow lcoughey 's post as is.

Septober

Assuming that the deleted files are not overwritten by new data, it's possible to get them back. Some possible ways are given below:
1. Retrieve deleted files with the Previous Versions feature if you have enabled it.
- Find the folder which used to contain your deleted files.
- Right-click on the folder and select Restore previous versions.
- View the list of available previous versions, choose the version you want to restore, and click Restore.

2. Restore files with File History on Windows 11/10/8/8.1 if you have set up a Windows backup.
- Type Control Panel in the search section and open it.
- Select Save backup copies of your files with File History in System & Security. You can also search for File History in the search box and double-click to open it. Then select Restore personal files on the left menu.
- Find a previous version you want to restore using the arrows and click the green Restore button to restore it to its original location. You can also right-click the Restore button, select Restore to, and then select a new location.

3. Recover deleted data using data recovery software.
It can be challenging to define the best data recovery software, as the effectiveness of the software can vary based on different factors and personal needs. I had ever tried iBoysoft Data Recovery for Windows to recover my missing files. According to its official, it can recover deleted or lost files from a PC, HDD, SSD, SD card, USB drive, and more on Windows. In addition, it also supports deleted file recovery, recycle bin recovery, corrupted disk recovery, formatted drive recovery, lost partition recovery, virus infection recovery, BitLocker data recovery, and RAW drive data recovery. Simply download and install the software, and follow the prompts to scan your hard drive for deleted files.