Cerber ransomware help

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure these last three posts are all SPAM, but since they are on topic I guess I'll allow it.

a.joshep

Thanks Jared for not removing this topic. Since I am malware researcher I want to share some points on Cerber Ransomware.

The discovery of the Cerber 4.1.5 virus confirms that Cerber Ransomware makers focus on quantity, but not on the quality of the new versions of the virus. For some reason, in the past few weeks, they released four new modifications to the fourth version of the virus, which are not very different from each other. Cerber 4.1.0, Cerber 4.1.1, Cerber 4.1.4 and finally the fifth version of the ransomware (no complaints regarding versions 4.1.2 and 4.1.3 have not yet been received) encrypts files using the same cryptography and leaves the same ransom request to the victim's computer.

All of these versions will change the victim's background to an image that says the virus has infected the computer and provides a URL to the payment site where the victim gets more information about the infection and how to pay the ransom. The virus also saves the README.hta file into each folder that contains encrypted data that opens the "Cerber Ransomware Instructions".

To know more about the removal of Cerber Ransomware you can visit my site where I regularly update my research work.