Broken Toshiba Hard Drive

jol

Jared":1mjwujal said:
[post]4179[/post] Part of the issue with doing your own head swap though is that you'll most likely need a hardware imaging tool to extract the data afterward
forgot to mention FW problems

LarrySabo

Bankole Oladoja":3p5k1bxb said:
[post]4184[/post] I have all set from ER-Tools... Perfect. It made head replacement so easy. Also very affordable.
Lucky guy--I'm envious! Thanks for the feedback on the tools. I know Jared said he likes them, too. If I did more DR, I'd order a set.

LarrySabo

Jared":3523kgol said:
For 2.5" drives, I prefer to use rubber bands :D
You jest, I assume. :) I'd be interested in what you do use, as I find the foil combs tend to slip too easily, put too much pressure pushing the sliders apart, or are too think/thin for the platters at hand. <sigh>

LarrySabo

Thanks, Jared. If I bork the heads in this 4-platter 2.5" WD MyPassort, will they just bounce back to life? :D

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I posted it in the Data Recovery Secrets section. Not something I want to post publicly, which you'll understand when you read it :D .

Jared":guvqlmmf said:
[post]4194[/post] OK, I posted it in the Data Recovery Secrets section. Not something I want to post publicly, which you'll understand when you read it .

[glow=Black]i feel jealous now :oops: :oops:[/glow]