Bad Day for HTS545032B9SA02 Hard Drives

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I've had two of these drives show up today, one with damaged P-List and another with just a lot of bad sectors. Both, are imaging now at good speed in DE. Funny how the same drives seem to fail all at the same time. :D

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
The one with the damaged P-list wasn't so easy. Had a lot of damaged SA modules, and at first couldn't even read the P-list module through composite reading. Eventually with enough tries, I was able to get enough of the module that the only unread part was near the end where it's all zeros. It surprised me when the checksum actually passed. I had only given the customer 50/50 odds, because I wasn't sure I could get a working P-list or not.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
More Hitachis showing up today. Not the same model, but close. And they all seem to be recoverable, I'm loving it. I think I need to market more toward just doing these and leave the Seagate nightmares to someone else.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Well, this last one to show up is actually an IDE one. HTS541080G9AT00. They've all had bad sectors, but not bad all in all.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
OH YEAH! Pay, and pay and pay. Haha, got my butt handed to me this week by a Toshiba no less. Strangely the Samsung and Seagate DM's have been pretty cooperative the last few weeks.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Just started another one, HTS545050A7E362. I don't know what's going on here, but I like it. Keep the Hitachi's coming.

pclab

Today I also got a 160GB Hitachi with some bad sectors. Imaged all just fine.

Off topic: I'm a post-a-holic now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: