Advanced Posting Features Enabled

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I've added a totally new posting system that has far more advanced formatting features to the forum.

Now you can easily add more rich content, format your text however you'd like, embed and format graphics/videos/sound clips, etc.

[fade]Please let me know if there's any issues[/fade]

[glow=red]If not then Enjoy![/glow]

[shadow=blue]Hopefully the SPAMMERS don't decide to have a hayday with this unlocked feature.[/shadow]

LarrySabo

Cool! One feature the AceLab and Technibble forums have that I really like when opening a thread, is going to the first post made after your last visit. Saves from having to scroll though all the posts one has already read or chose not to read.

jol

LarrySabo":v7vsvv6t said:
[post]3989[/post] One feature the AceLab and Technibble forums have that I really like when opening a thread, is going to the first post made after your last visit.
never had a problem with that
dqnnfl.jpg

HaQue

Larry, I have a bookmark in the bookmarks bar with all my forums. This forum is https://www.data-medics.com/forum/search.php?search_id=unreadposts

In all my browsers except Edge, my homepage is the unread link for all forums, that way I can open the browser and all unread posts from everything come up, then I can cntrl+click on each one and read them all quickly.

Edge is severely lacking in that you cant have more than one homepage.

LarrySabo

Thanks jol and HaQue. I usually make my links to the unread posts shortcut too, but don't know why I didn't have it for this forum.

Edit: I see I have it set to search.php?search_id=newposts. I'll change it.

Edit #2: Now I see why I used new posts rather than unread posts: I may not be interested in reading every unread post. Next visit, they are still included in the list of topics. The solution of course, is to go to the forums root and click mark all read. Babbling away to myself again...

LarrySabo

jol":2xv47yrg said:
[post]4027[/post]
LarrySabo":2xv47yrg said:
[post]4009[/post] Next visit, they are still included in the list of topics
not for me
Just verified it. Read 2 of the three threads that had unread posts, then closed that window. Clicked my Data-Medics Forum link to read unread posts again and the 3rd (unread) thread is listed. Theoretically, I didn't read it previously because I wasn't interested in the topic, but there it is again next visit, and I'm still not interested. Hence the need to go to the forums root and click mark all read. Maybe it's just me.