Active@ UNERASER

LarrySabo

I just finished a job where I decided to buy this program and am very pleased with the job it did. The patient was formatted exFAT and the customer deleted a bunch of pictures and videos she now wanted back. At $50 USD for the Corporate version, it was a good buy. I have bought several of the LSoft programs in the past and should have checked for discounts I was eligible for before placing my order. They were willing to extent the 25% discount after the fact, no problem.

With recoveries where non-picture files are the primary interest, I use Snap2html to show the customer a browsable directory listing of what was recovered. With pictures and videos, I hadn't found an efficient means of reviewing result, until this recovery. I used AnyDesk (my main remote support client) with the "Switch sides" feature, and Picasa, to let the customer watch as I browse through the thumbnails. Didn't take more than a couple of seconds for them to approve the quote! :) With Picasa, I use "Folders, Manage folders" to de-select everything but the folder containing the recovered pictures, so scrolling through results is very effective.

It was the "discovery of AnyDesk's "Switch sides" feature that I really wanted to share here.

jol

IMHO its a bit risky to let the costumer to own the joint
He/she can download the data and decline the quote
Don't you think ?

pclab

As far as I know, Anydesk still can't exchange files like Teamviewer for instance, so no problem there.

LarrySabo

I'm more concerned about them deleting something or screwing up my system. I need to experiment with the AnyDesk settings, which let me disable the remote keyboard and mouse, so they can't do anything but watch as I go through the pictures on my system. AnyDesk can't yet do file transfers except using cut-paste, and it's very slow. Fortunately, AnyDesk is excellent at sharing fast-changing video, like movies and browsing pictures as Picasa scrolls through them. They are working on adding proper file transfers soon.