St3000dm001 spin up then down

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure that head adapatives (I assume that's what you mean by "head selective") is what you should start with, though it can't hurt to import the donor adaptives into the patient ROM and try it.

What pclab was suggesting is setting the SAP control flag in ROM to have a max head of 0 or 1 and see if the drive can then initialize.

Freakazoid

Jared":20vb5o2o said:
[post]13526[/post] I'm not sure that head adapatives (I assume that's what you mean by "head selective") is what you should start with, though it can't hurt to import the donor adaptives into the patient ROM and try it.

What pclab was suggesting is setting the SAP control flag in ROM to have a max head of 0 or 1 and see if the drive can then initialize.

Ahh ok i can try that first. should i just connect the pcb with out the hdd for editing?
In DFL i think the name is head selective

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
You can. I'm not exactly sure how the process works with DFL. I know PC-3000 can put the drive into boot ROM code mode and it'll never actually spin up the platters. So I don't have to remove the PCB to edit the ROM code.

Freakazoid

ok. Im not a expert on DFL but i don`t think it possibla to put the drive into boot ROM code mode when power on.. so i just take of the pcb then

Freakazoid

pclab":3icu997h said:
[post]13532[/post] Be VERY carefull with the ROM. Make sure you have a backup!!!
Should have backup. Token before i start messinga so I hope it still original :roll:

Attachments

• 4277B4C4-8A3B-452C-B45B-A172F7EC4FAB.png
    4277B4C4-8A3B-452C-B45B-A172F7EC4FAB.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,079

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps because you read at baud rate 921600 and now are trying to write back at a different baud rate other than what the drive was probably initialized at.

I personally always use rate 921000 for Grenada drives.