spammers

pclab

Lately this is becoming more usual..
Today 8 posts were deleted.
Maybe the forum needs a patch?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yes seems to be a recent explosion of SPAM which is funny because for the last six months has been very quite from them. Might have to add that registration question after all.

LarrySabo

Over the last couple of days, I've been catching ~50 spams a day in my gmail filter. Normally over the past year, I've averaged 1-3 daily. (I forward mail sent to my domain address, to my gmail address, which is then forwarded to my personal mail address. Works great. No help here, but thought I would mention the deluge lately.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
There I added the question "what does the acronym SSD stand for?" to the registration process. Hopefully spambots won't be able to answer it :)

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
LarrySabo":3nm8mxlv said:
Over the last couple of days, I've been catching ~50 spams a day in my gmail filter. Normally over the past year, I've averaged 1-3 daily. (I forward mail sent to my domain address, to my gmail address, which is then forwarded to my personal mail address. Works great. No help here, but thought I would mention the deluge lately.

I too have noticed a surge in email SPAM lately. Even my wife's email address which has never been given out to anyone but customers is now getting flooded. I think it might be some new viruses or something that are harvesting email addresses from people's computers and adding them to their lists.

HaQue

don't get SPAM confused with malware and phishing attempts.

anything with a .zip attachment, .pdf or lately, docx, is a likely malware attempt, and is a click away from something serious such as cryptolocker.

I see a lot of people a little blasé about "spam" and don't realise they are a bee's underarm hair away from a VERY BAD DAY!!

:)

hows that to brighten up everyones day? :( thanks criminals!

LarrySabo

HaQue":36shqyir said:
I see a lot of people a little blasé about "spam" and don't realise they are a bee's underarm hair away from a VERY BAD DAY!!

:)

hows that to brighten up everyones day? :( thanks criminals!

:lol: