Software for exploring and extracting data from ddrescue images

Bellboy

Hi

What are the best software tools used to explore and extract data from ddrescue images?

I am particularly interested in tools which are interactive and let the user explore the image and manually select the data to be extracted.

Could you please recommend any such tools?

Important: I do NOT want to mount the image as a filesystem (because the first few GBs of the imaged partition were overwritten by another filesystem, so the filesystem was messed up). The data will have to be recovered as raw data, without mounting a filesystem. (BTW, the original filesystem in which the data were stored was Btrfs.)

Thank you

--Bellboy

Bellboy":1fgmni9a said:
Hi

What are the best software tools used to explore and extract data from ddrescue images?

I am particularly interested in tools which are interactive and let the user explore the image and manually select the data to be extracted.

Could you please recommend any such tools?

Important: I do NOT want to mount the image as a filesystem (because the first few GBs of the imaged partition were overwritten by another filesystem, so the filesystem was messed up). The data will have to be recovered as raw data, without mounting a filesystem. (BTW, the original filesystem in which the data were stored was Btrfs.)

Thank you

--Bellboy

Hello ,
R Studio From www.r-tt.com Is Very Good ,But Sometimes i Prefer Alternatives

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty much any good data recoverry software will be able to work with a ddrescue image just as it would a regular drive. The real determining factor of what software will be best comes down to what the original file system was.

R-Studio is good for many file systems, but in some cases a different program may have better results.