SMI NVX656.00 SSD Controller

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
So I've got an SSD here that was previously declared "unrecoverable" by Drive Savers. It's an M.2 but it has SATA lanes so I can attempt to connect to the PC-3000.

On power up it instantly comes to a ready state, but any attempt to ID it or access sectors and it just gets stuck in a busy state.

Anyone know anything about this SMI NVX656.00 controller? Is it a rebranded SandForce like many others?
AMBA0072.JPG

It's from an Intel model SSDSCKKF256H6

Hello Jared,

Did you get anywhere with this SSD? I've received one in (SSDSCKKF256H6). Same symptoms as your SSD. On power on gets to 'ready' in PC3000, but on any command enters BSY. I presume you could not get it into a working tech mode?

Thanks,
John

Hello,

We've just received one of these in ( SSDSCKKF256H6 ). It has similar symptoms to the SSD you had. SSD enters 'ready' on PC3000, but any command causes the SSD to enter BSY. Were you able to get your SSD into a work Tech mode or get any functionality from it?

Thanks,
John

p.s. Apologies if this message appears twice, it is my first post on your forum and there were some issues when I pressed 'submit' the first time.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Hi John,

First off, welcome to the forum. I think after discussing it with a few guys it sounded impossible. And after talking with the customer it wasn't worth a heavy investment of time and $$$ to them either, so we didn't' explore it much further.

mindmergepk

We just received same one (SMI NVX 656) controller with exactly same symptoms, assume there is no solution so far.
I wonder where we will go with so much limitation on SSD recoveries... :)