Seagate UltraSlim (Rosewood)1TB and 2TB Technical Reviews

Blizzard

Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":2wqa21cy]Hi,
Its Better To Seal it With 3M Tape Then That Lousy Foil
If you don't remove the foil from the metal cover completely, just peel back enough to remove each screw, you can reuse the foil 2-3 times. And no fuss with realigning the seal.

Hello Everyone,

I have 2 rosewood drive 1tb and 2 tb for head replacement. Wanting to get your valuable advice on things to remember while doing head replacement in these drives and also if these drives require adaptive parameter transfer after head replacement.

I have got head tools already.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Prayer may help :D

Honestly, they often just don't work after head replacement. Sometimes not even after multiple heads replacement. The heads are weak and die easily, and the platters are soft and scratch easily. I think they're just going to be one of those series that have abysmally low recovery rates no matter what you do.

I've had pretty good success so far with cases where the heads were just stuck to the platters, but head swaps on Rosewood drives that are already clicking haven't been going too well.

Thank you Jared for your advice, I do pray every time I start any recovery so that my mind stay focus and also lot of caffeine :) .

Let me try and will post update.

Hello Everyone,

Kindly confirm, if below both HSA would be compatible or not. Both drives front label are exact same except Sr. No., WWN and Date. Want to take your expert opinion if trying head replacement will be of any use. I suspect because of density difference it might not work.

Kindly advise.

4MLPnnj.jpg

ST1000LM035 Patient having 2 Heads

TCmQwq4.jpg

ST1000LM035 Donor Having 3 Heads

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I highly doubt that heads from a 2 platter donor will work in a single platter one. I've never tried this with Rosewood family, but I'd highly suspect that the preamp chip is different since one is running more heads than the other in its overall design. If they were both two platter drives and the donor just has more heads it has a good chance to work, but not usually when the number of platters is different.