Seagate ST2000MD001 2tb hdd shows 3.86gb

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
mjz":35z3txav said:
I have the same problem on seagate st1000vm002 1TB and have a mrt tool but with the sulotion which mrt lab peresented i can not fix it because the exchange command going to fail i wonder if there is any solution

Perhaps you could post the terminal log of what the drive is reporting on power up? I think MRT does now support unlocking these, it's just buggy and doesn't always work right (as with all MRT features).

mjz

It does'nt go to terminal mod and t level but on the normal mod it fail to get firmware version,physical sector size of both user and sa,number of physical head and failed to get system module informaton.i think if you tell me what you do on pc3000 maybe i could handle it .thank you

pclab

Probably you need to unlock ROM so you can access terminal.
You don't get any funny noises (clicks, etc?

lcoughey

If the drive clicks, then spins down, it is likely heads/media damage. Please post the terminal log.

I have more Seagate drive shows 3.86 gb. I searched so much in Internet. Decided it's platter or head damage case.

Today I removed pcb from disk . Connected just PCB to MRT. Lol. It shows 3.86 gb. ))) so I am t sure now.3.86 gb means mostly head or platter issue.

I have more Seagate drive shows 3.86 gb. I searched so much in Internet. Decided it's platter or head damage case.

Today I removed pcb from disk . Connected just PCB to MRT. Lol. It shows 3.86 gb. ))) so I am t sure now.3.86 gb means mostly head or platter issue.

mindmergepk

DigitalVeriKurtarma":2h6qyspp said:
[post]13232[/post] I have more Seagate drive shows 3.86 gb. I searched so much in Internet. Decided it's platter or head damage case.

I am just curious did you verify if ROM is original or not ?
As Luke mentioned already, if drive clicks and spin down, it is very likely head/media problem.