Seagate ST1000DM003 Detect problem

Hi
Normally cant get F3 with this drive, so with Virtual start function in MRT I get F3 , but almost all terminal command not work like :

[nfo]F3 T>i4,1,22

Overlay PartNum: 02191019
CFW PartNum: 04191054
Overlay CompileDate: 20130219
CFW CompileDate: 20130419

OverlayCompatibilityCheck failed

Unable to load Diag Cmd Processor Overlay

F3 T>
ASCII Diag mode

F3 T>/T

F3 T>m0,6,3,,,,,22

F3 T>
ASCII Diag mode

F3 T>/T

F3 T>F,,22

F3 T>[/nfo]

Just /1N1 work, So any suggestion?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
siamak5561":22gjxc7c said:
F3 T>m0,6,3,,,,,22

Why on earth did you do this? That was the wrong move, and probably just nuked all hope of recovery. M commands are only to be used in specific cases and only when you actually know what you're doing with the command. It's not some magical fix all command you should just toss in there.

In all likelihood, your original problem was just a reallocation or media cache issue that would take five minutes for a pro to fix. Now you can only hope that the drive didn't even begin to run that command.

The time to ask for help is BEFORE YOU DESTROY THE DRIVE COMPLETELY!!!

Jared":2zyvlud3 said:
siamak5561":2zyvlud3 said:
F3 T>m0,6,3,,,,,22

Why on earth did you do this? That was the wrong move, and probably just nuked all hope of recovery. M commands are only to be used in specific cases and only when you actually know what you're doing with the command. It's not some magical fix all command you should just toss in there.

In all likelihood, your original problem was just a reallocation or media cache issue that would take five minutes for a pro to fix. Now you can only hope that the drive didn't even begin to run that command.

The time to ask for help is BEFORE YOU DESTROY THE DRIVE COMPLETELY!!!

Yes i Know about M commands, but Data not important, just want to repair drive.

hdd00

There is a incompatibility between the overlays as you can see. Either the Rom is not original or you loaded an incompatible 3D module (virtual start) to the drive.
If the Rom is original, try to load other 3D modules versions to the drive.

hdd00":1om196sm said:
There is a incompatibility between the overlays as you can see. Either the Rom is not original or you loaded an incompatible 3D module (virtual start) to the drive.
If the Rom is original, try to load other 3D modules versions to the drive.

i test several other 3d modules but with them i didnt even get F3 . I even replace pcb but nothing changed.

this is when normally start drive

[offtopic]Boot 0x40M
Spin Up
RECOV Servo Op=0100 Resp=0005
Trans.

Spin Up
SpinOK
TCC:001C

(P) SATA Reset[/offtopic]

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
That looks like a pretty normal start up to me. Are you sure it isn't just getting stuck busy?

If you can get to this:
siamak5561":1wcpxwio said:
[post]13703[/post] (P) SATA Reset

Then most the firmware is loaded. You've probably just got to patch up system file 93 to get the drive working. Then you can refurb using the normal methods of a bad sector drive.

Jared":kl4dq3i3 said:
That looks like a pretty normal start up to me. Are you sure it isn't just getting stuck busy?

If you can get to this:
siamak5561":kl4dq3i3 said:
[post]13703[/post] (P) SATA Reset

Then most the firmware is loaded. You've probably just got to patch up system file 93 to get the drive working. Then you can refurb using the normal methods of a bad sector drive.

But I dont access to sys files, nor terminal, any other way to get sys files?