Seagate Preamp Pulled From ROM (Requests)

Blizzard":16miz4ne said:
DigitalVeriKurtarma":16miz4ne said:
Help for this

CB 06

MRT technician joined to my pc. Solved partially
I have cloned 700 gb. But hdd going busy mode after some data received. Then clearing Alt list , smart and Regen translator. I get some data again . But important parts in problemic part. Customer has 170 gb data only . It's in beginning . Aproximatly first 200-400 gb parts has problems. I could get partially that part. I guess 50% of 170 gb. After that part all head gave me data with 100-170 Mb/s . But there is no customer data in this parts. Fully 00000. So customer has only 170 gb data . This data in first 170 gb part in hdd.
When I try to recieve from first parts again turning busy mode. Now hdd turned endless busy mode . Remained all night . Still same.
(Yesterday I remained in busy mode. Morning I saw it was ready and cloned around 200 gb .)

Before last endless busy mode I have
Checked Preamp type is CB16 Not CB06
Head 0 , 1, 3 weak.

I guess head swap necessary now.

Any opinion?

Blizzard

DigitalVeriKurtarma":z3mqb1fd said:
Wow. Platter has some strange damage.
Any advice to clan that particles around platters corner
That usually happens when heads get bent in ramp (drive was off when dropped). When powered on heads can't leave ramp and damage the edge of the platter. For most cases the ramp will unload the good donor heads just past the damage. For some cases you might need a custom ramp or other solution to avoid the damage.

For cleaning be careful with clean wipes and/or swabs. The edges could be damaged enough so they snag the wipe and pull fibers out. If you leave fibers behind the drive will go catastrophic as soon as the fiber finds its way under a head.

Blizzard

One more tip regarding edge of platter damage. If the heads were mangled then they may have cut grooves in the ramp too, not just the edge of the platter. You should remove and inspect the ramp for plastic shavings before using the original ramp. We typically use a new ramp if heads were damaged and stuck in the ramp.

I had recover % 70 critical data before open drive with original head. But turned endless busy mode. Than opened and swapped new head. Head (H1) bend 1st power on.

That deformation around corner like steel particles. Not a dust.
I wonder how original head gave me data with this condition.

I closed this case. Need special equipment for clean particles around corner I guess. I don't know what look other platters also.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
DigitalVeriKurtarma":10jqsir4 said:
[post]13862[/post] Before last endless busy mode I have
Checked Preamp type is CB16 Not CB06

The third digit doesn't matter. In fact, neither does the fourth. The CB is the only part that counts.

Also, it's been observed that on some models the third digit will actually change itself after the drive is powered off/on.