Seagate partial access Easy trick

I had tried 2 Seagate drive . It's not a general solution.

Drive reading some from starting. And some point all remaining sector's turning red (bad sector)

My solution is easy.
Ex Bad sector starting LBA 10000
Stop action.
Set starting LBA bigger than 10000
Power of /on
Continue job. That's it.

Or
Adjust "Power RESET" reading settings

Tested 2 drives in MRT
Enjoy

siamak5561":2553dyit said:
Interesting, whats the model of drives you test?

I don't remember exactly. But I remember they were old models. I have several hdd to experience.
I am not sure but I guess I tried some new models also. But not solved with this trick.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
It's probably just a simple background process causing it to get stuck busy, not a partial access problem. Rather than killing the drive with power cycles, it's better to actually fix the underlying problem and stabilize the drive. Try editing System File 93.

Jared":1c9fqqcl said:
It's probably just a simple background process causing it to get stuck busy, not a partial access problem. Rather than killing the drive with power cycles, it's better to actually fix the underlying problem and stabilize the drive. Try editing System File 93.
I need guide for this than

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
System file 93 contains the SAP control flags which turns on/off background processes, sector reallocation functions, media cache, etc.

If you turn off the correct things in that file, the drive will probably stabilize.

Jared":1ucywoj0 said:
System file 93 contains the SAP control flags which turns on/off background processes, sector reallocation functions, media cache, etc.

If you turn off the correct things in that file, the drive will probably stabilize.

I see. I would research about it. There is tick buttons on MRT HDD info menu. Used it before . I have remove them. Saved . But it's not make any changes I guess. All settings come with initial values when reopen HDD info menu. Maybe I miss something or MRT doesn't change it. Maybe I have to do it manually sys93

pclab

If it doesn't save the changes, maybe the head is not OK.
Try to edit something else, to see if it saves the changes.