Seagate F3 Terminal Command Set

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
It's the same command, one is just a longer more thorough description of what it does.

tyctor

Jared":2tv5yvpg said:
[post]15115[/post] It's the same command, one is just a longer more thorough description of what it does.

ok, thanks for answer
i can see it now, its the first m command parameter, when value 2 indicates that no modification is made to partition contents

GuntarAue

Hi...What about scripting or making a batch file for seagate commands? Are there any instructions or advice about that? It seems like it would be useful to have a seagate hard drive terminal simulator program, so that people can learn all of this stuff without frying too many hard drives as part of the learning process.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
siamak5561":3tlhpgta said:
Hi is there any command to clear NRG list ?

The better question is, why would you want to?

Most any m command to regenerate the translator will wipe the NRG, but you're going to have problems getting full sector access again afterwards. NRG is to be saved then restored back after the translator is regenerated.

DmitryVas

Hi everyone !
Is there any chance to get detailed explanation for /N and /O levels ? It is specific for hybrid (SSHD) drive, HDD with 8Gb SSD cache
Specifically, I'm trying to find command to disable SSD cache, as it seems to be broken, and it's sad to lose 2Tb drive just for that :)

Thanks in advance !

john

excuse me friends ... there is something I want to ask ... can anyone help me ... when I use the F3 terminal when the hard drive starts running then port locked appears.. Trimakasih
:D :D

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
The ROM code needs to be modified to unlock the terminal. PC-3000 can do it quite easily.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a hardware tool that is capable of reading/writing the EEPROM chip directly?