Seagate F3 Terminal Command Set

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
siamak5561":374fyxxj said:
Hi, is there command for check heads health?

7>X will check the heads resistance and can tell you if you have a totally failed head.

2>T880 will run a read/write test of all the zones using each head and give you a much better idea if a head is bad. But, you should know that it does write a small amount of data at the beginning of each zone so it should not be used in data recovery cases. However, it can be useful for refurbishing drives.

Jared":37kzvnp8 said:
siamak5561":37kzvnp8 said:

7>X will check the heads resistance and can tell you if you have a totally failed head.

2>T880 will run a read/write test of all the zones using each head and give you a much better idea if a head is bad. But, you should know that it does write a small amount of data at the beginning of each zone so it should not be used in data recovery cases. However, it can be useful for refurbishing drives.

Thanks, so for /7X which number should considered as good for resistance ? lower better or higher?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
siamak5561":3sdk4mfh said:
Jared":3sdk4mfh said:
siamak5561":3sdk4mfh said:

Thanks, so for /7X which number should considered as good for resistance ? lower better or higher?
It's not that lower or higher is better. It's whatever that particular set of heads should be operating at. You want to see all heads fairly close to each other in this regard. If you've got one that far higher or far lower reading than all the others it's probabaly bad.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

tyctor

hi all
i want to ask about these commands:
Jared":yie9kryf said:
[post]2471[/post] m0,2,1,,,,,22 ( To rebuilt slip list, V1 )
Jared":yie9kryf said:
[post]2471[/post] m0,2,1,,,,,22 ( Format user area partition with user slip list with certify defects. DATA WILL BE LOSS )

it looks identical to me
which description is right? will it format data or not?
i need to just reset translator, and avoid data formating, because i need download that data

thanks for answer