Seagate F3 Terminal Command Set

SandPox

Anyone care to explain what T-List are? I know P-List and G-list are for bad sector stuffs but can't find what's T-List is

Hi All,
Today i was getting DOS errors with a terminal locked grenada so i did the terminal unlock procedure using pc3k but it could never parse the table and get to a ready condition .So i just did the unlocking in the tool then used command m100 at level 7 and then voila .Can someone explain what this dos error is ,i still find seagate firmware to baffle me

xsaq

Hi,

i have a NAS HDD (ST3000VN000), it works perfectly but has 1360 Reallocated Sectors.
There is no data on it - so its just for experimenting.
I tried several commands on it but virtually nothing is working.
The "N1" command is working as you can see below but Reallocated Sectors Count is still the same?
Barracudas like ST3000DM001 do respond to nearly all commands and smart is reset completely.
Do you know why? :|
Thanks in advance! :geek:

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
xsaq":233hprgq said:
Hi,

i have a NAS HDD (ST3000VN000), it works perfectly but has 1360 Reallocated Sectors.
There is no data on it - so its just for experimenting.
I tried several commands on it but virtually nothing is working.
The "N1" command is working as you can see below but Reallocated Sectors Count is still the same?
Barracudas like ST3000DM001 do respond to nearly all commands and smart is reset completely.
Do you know why? :|
Thanks in advance! :geek:

This forum is about data recovery, not spoofing bad drives to look good so you can sell them on eBay. Sometimes SMART gets corrupted and needs to be cleared to regenerate a corrupted firmware module and get the drive working, so it has data recovery applications. We're not going to help you spoof what SMART is reporting.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
salim123":3offm9jz said:
hi

to all, how to read sys file in terminal, and how to save

You can do this via the r command. For example to read system file 93:

S3 T>r93

Then you have to use Y-modem to download the file. I don't think any free hyperterminal programs actually include Y-Modem, but some paid ones do.

jol

using hiperterminal from win

F3 T>r93

then right click ---> receive file ---> choose Ymodem

(from memory didn't test it)

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
jol":13vaz3ku said:
using hiperterminal from win

F3 T>r93

then right click ---> receive file ---> choose Ymodem

(from memory didn't test it)

Right, but only older versions of Windows (XP or earlier) still include hyperterminal. I don't know if the old program will even still run in Win 10.