SD Card Data Lost - HELP

gcgarner

New member here with a very strange scenario - and I need help if at all possible.

I photographed about 600ish images today (Canon 6D, Sony 64GB SD card) between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. today.

At around 12 p.m., I powered the camera off and went to offload the first batch of mages onto my laptop.

It said there were 188 files on the card. I thought I had photographed a little more, but didn't pay it much attention.

I re-inserted the card into the camera and resumed photographing. The images were all showing up on my camera's LCD as I photographed. I could toggle through them, zoom in and out, and the "info" was showing with histogram and such as I went. The red "write" light was showing up also.

At 4 p.m., I pulled the card again and went to offload. It said 188 images. I knew something was wrong.

I re-inserted the card into the camera, and only those 188 images were showing.

I photographed some "test" images. All were there...and I could toggle, zoom, see info, etc.

But I powered the camera off and back on, and all of the "test" images I just did were also gone...only the original 188 were left.

I inserted the card into another camera and tested again. I could again take images, toggle, zoom through the ones I just took...powered off, back on...and GONE.

I have run Disk Drill recovery, and it recovered nearly 2,600 images (CR2 raw files), but none of them were from today...even the 188 that I could still see on the disk.

I downloaded EaseUS partition recovery, and it also found the nearly 2,600 same images...but none of the ones I lost today.

I feel like since I could create photos, zoom, see info, toggle, etc. until the camera was powered off that the images are THERE, I just don't know HOW to access them or if it's even possible at this point.

I cannot run a Quick Format on the card. It gives me a "Windows Cannot Complete The Format" error.

Any thoughts or ideas are much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Blizzard

Unfortunately if the card is not inserted correctly, failed, or there is no card at all, the shutter will still release making you think your are saving pictures. You can disable that setting in the menu. Look for "Release shutter without Card" in the menu and disable it to prevent mistakes.
Canon EOS 6D.JPG