Rusolut VNR Experience

Blizzard

I am interested in other Visual NAND Reconstructor user experiences. Rusolut doesn't have a forum and there is very little talk about it on other DR forums. Is anyone using VNR to solve the majority of their chip-off cases?

If I recall correctly, Jared purchased a used device, HaQue was one of the first to receive VNR and I think Amarbir has mentioned numerous times that he was planning to purchase Rusolut.

lcoughey

I have a current version of PC3K-Flash and an outdated SoftCentre. Thus far, I've been able to recover most cases with my PC3K-Flash and, when I can't, I upload the dumps which are almost always recovered using SoftCentre.

That said, I'm on the fence on whether to update SoftCentre or to get VNR to increase our in-house capabilities. I'm tending towards SoftCentre, just because it is the go to tool for most of the experts out there.

Blizzard

lcoughey":3lcfijrx said:
That said, I'm on the fence on whether to update SoftCentre or to get VNR to increase our in-house capabilities. I'm tending towards SoftCentre, just because it is the go to tool for most of the experts out there.
So far VNR has only been educational for me. The amount of studying and late nights I spent with it for the first 3 months really forced me to increase my knowledge. That said, the first 5 cases I worked in VNR were not resolved, not even with remote "premium support".
Flash Extractor to the rescue! 4 of those 5 were resolved using SoftCentre and only 1 of those 4 required the developer's help.

As far as Rusolut goes, is anyone using it as a cell phone recovery tool? They really seem to be focused on that industry right now. I do have the Smartphone kit but really have no immediate plans to offer that service either.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I do have VNR, but I've mostly just used it for getting dumps. It's quite good for that I've found. Given that I'm not a flash guy, I ususally just end up uploading the dumps to have someone else descramble them. It seems it'd be a powerful tool in the right hands, I know Arviaka can work wonders with it quite quickly, but it's not always able to get a solution even with his expertise.

I am somewhat wishing that I'd gotten the Ace tool, but as I said, I mostly just got it to do dumps. Learning flash isn't high on my priority list right now given that I can outsource the hard part and still turn a profit.

Well,
I have waited for months and i would say first should be softcenter ,then acelab then vnr .Why cos with softcenter you can solve most of the cases ,Then having PC 3000 Gives Additional Capabilities Then VNR At The Last For Expert Experience And Research

hddguy

After learning VNR and seeing exactly what is involved in reconstructing flash devices, it does make you appreciate the things FE does and how simple it makes it look. Personally, I think Sergei is a genius :cool:

Blizzard

A lot has changed since my last post about VNR so I thought I would provide an update. Although I learned a lot using VNR I eventually passed off most of the flash work to the other 2 Blizzards. The 3 of us combined probably use PC-3000 the most but the one that gets stuck with all the difficult cases probably uses VNR more than anything else. Being a developer himself he prefers to be able to do what he wants to do with the dumps. VNR is an extremely powerful tool in the right hands.