ROM For WDTMVV-11TK7S1 Needed!!!

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
So I've got a case here with a blown PCB and the ROM seems to be cooked. It reads correct ROM chip ID number when reading it through boot ROM code, but it's just filled with junk as you see here:
Crap ROM.jpg

I've tried reading it with another PCB, same thing. Tried on an external programmer and it won't read at all. So I'm pretty sure it's toast. The main IC was burning hot when plugged in, so I'm thinking there was a major short somewhere that cooked a lot of components.

Regardless, I'm trying to find as close of a ROM code as I can for the following drive:

Model: WD10TMVV-11TK7S1 (Helios Family)
DCM: HBMTJBBN
Date: 20 NOV 2010
Serial: WX61AB0J....

If anyone has a ROM from a Helios drive manufactured the same week or with the same first 5 or more digits of the serial I'd greatly appreciate it. I've already tried pretty much everything I have in my collected resources and so far none are close enough to even get me SA access.

pclab

I only have one with WX11AC074978.
I can get another WDC WD10TMVW-11ZSMS5-01-01A01-WD-WX61C3265643 if you want.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
pclab":1gfnpaea said:
I only have one with WX11AC074978.
I can get another WDC WD10TMVW-11ZSMS5-01-01A01-WD-WX61C3265643 if you want.

No worries. I'm already making progress with it.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Blizzard":20lxi2mc said:
Sorry I didn't see this sooner, here you go just in case.

Thanks for offering the help! I actually had already found one close enough. Case is already imaged now. Good to know I can count on you guys. :D

ml8000

Here you have, full duplicate 0.

A debt of gratitude is in order for offering the assistance! I really had officially discovered one close enough. Case is as of now imaged now. Great to realize I can rely on you folks. :D

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
ml8000":1erm66ah said:
Here you have, full duplicate 0.

A debt of gratitude is in order for offering the assistance! I really had officially discovered one close enough. Case is as of now imaged now. Great to realize I can rely on you folks. :D

Why are you creating posts of just quoting other posts in other threads? Planned SPAM dump?