Remote Flash Recovery

Jared":27q8n367 said:
Looks like that may be starting already (though I don't think this issue is me).

Been trying for three hours to just get any NAND to read using this used ruSolut reader, and I can't get any NAND to ID. It just goes yellow for about 20-30 seconds, then goes red. I've tried three different NANDs, two of which were pulled from brand new fully functional thumb drives. The pins are all straight and clean, I've checked all the contact's under a microscope and the pins all appear to be nicely pinched between the top and bottom contacts of the socket, pin 1 is clearly labeled, but still nothing.

I can't be this stupid, there must be something wrong with this reader or adapter. Any insights from you NVR guys?

Jared ,
Its VNR Not NVR :mrgreen: ,BTW Try Any Old TSOP48 Case It Should Be Able To ID It

HaQue

Hi,
a few things:
- Always include flash numbers such as SanDisk SDTNSCAMA-008G or whatever, and type of chip, LGA / TSOP etc... Photos if unsure.
- You installed the Reader Drivers right?
- In VNR software, up top right, click on the "reader" object and what is the reader firmware? It will be "Version: 3_4" or something similar. If it says update, you need to update the reader firmware.
- what version of VNR software?
The adapter is in the reader body the right way? 1 is AWAY from the ZIF lever.

- sometimes the chips have die marks that look like number 1 marks. make sure it is a dot for number 1 and not a die mark from a crappy mold.
should be able to
1- plug in reader with chip - green LED.
2. select reader object
3. click Read ID button and get ID.
4. click the ok button next to configuration on the right panel and set the chip config
5 read chips

Otherwise contact support on skype if you have a contract or provide more info

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Turns out the issue was just that the FW of the reader was newer than the software version. Installed the latest Beta, and now it's working fine.

Jared":2da2385l said:
Turns out the issue was just that the FW of the reader was newer than the software version. Installed the latest Beta, and now it's working fine.

Jared ,
How is This Going Brother .This Tool Rocks BTW i heard

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I really haven't had much time to play around with it. My intent was mostly to just get dumps, ECC them, and then send out to someone who does this all the time for recovery. I've learned how to do that much, so pretty much mission accomplished for now.

When I get more time later, I'll have to actually really learn it.