Recovery tools shut down while analysis

AlanMartínez

Greetings.
First of all, English isn´t my native language, so please excuse if there are some errors.
I have an old Seagate Barracuda LP - 2TB that been using on a external bay. Two days ago this drive and other...they went off(Have my doubts about it but posibbly a power surge). The other drive passed the recovery with any major problem and recovered almost all.

But whit this drive.. while I´m doing the analysis, the tool just shut down, no message or nothing. Dunno if the drive shuts down or how I can stop it in order to do the recovery process. Tried already Stellar Data Recovery and Wondershare Recoverit.

Please, can someone shine some light on this problem?
Thanks in advance!

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
AlanMartínez":1d8211px said:
[post]16194[/post] Tried already Stellar Data Recovery and Wondershare Recoverit.

First off, uninstall these programs and get some real data recovery software like R-Studio or UFS Explorer. Stellar and Wondershare are some of the best spammers on the web, but their software is complete trash....period!

That having been said, data recovery software tends to be very RAM hungry. So if you have too little RAM in the computer it's common for recovery programs to crash. Does your computer have enough RAM?

AlanMartínez

Hi Jared, thanks for the quick response. Didn´t know about these programs you mention, just asked a friend for what he had to do the job. I have 16GB of RAM on my PC, it´s my work tool. The other drive its 4TB and went without problem. Besides RAM, could be something related to the disk that makes it stop working?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
There are a number of other things that might cause such a crash such as bad sectors on the drive, a bad USB connection, failing dock, etc. But, if you start off with a better program, like R-Studio, you'll actually have a program that logs and reports errors so you have a better idea.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing at all hopeless about this situation. The drive has bad sectors, but obviously not that many as R-Studio was able to complete the scan it appears. Had you been watching the logging while it was scanning it would have told you about the errors.

You see in that picture you labeled "DriveF" at ther very bottom where it says "Recognized0"? Double click that to open the found filesystem. You can probably just save out your pictures from there now (after you buy a license for the software).