Recovery of HFS data

pclab

Hi Guys

A question please:

I have recovered a HFS+ HDD (imaged with only 250 bad sectors).
I can now see the files and folder using R-Studio, but after recovering them, the files don't open...
Can this be related with security of Apple?
But if so, I couldn't see the folder structure, right?
Any hints?

Thanks

300ddr

Can't be encryption if you see file names AFAIK. What did you use to recover? You could try Data Rescue 4 and be sure to try adjusting allocation block layouts to see if any work.

Be sure it's not a case of file overwritten... Someone might have dumped the unsuccessful recovery on the patient drive before binging it to you. Try a full scan of the image with R-Studio

pclab":kn8dmehd said:
[post]7389[/post] Hi Guys
I can now see the files and folder using R-Studio, but after recovering them, the files don't open...

If you are dealing with encryption, you are never gonna see any file structure or folder..

Bankole Oladoja":1x1qkjje said:
[post]7397[/post]
pclab":1x1qkjje said:
[post]7389[/post] Hi Guys

If you are dealing with encryption, you are never gonna see any file structure or folder..

That's not really true, you could partially see folders and files structure if user forced to decrypt it while the drive was still working.
Probably his drive stopped to be detected while he was decrypting, this would explain partial FileVault decryption.