Recover data from Iphone 6

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I agree must be spam, but at least it's data recovery spam so we allow it here.

I've never used either tool you mentioned though I've heard of both. Personally I've pretty much stopped doing phone recoveries. They are far too time consuming for what you are able to charge people. And I'm finding that half the phones that come in for recovery don't actually belong to the people who bring them in. It's usually some jealous boyfriend trying to find out if his girlfriend it cheating on him (which is why they always say they forgot their password). So then the question comes up, are we an accomplice in an invasion of privacy crime.

In my opinion, stay away from the phone stuff completely. Tell them they need to go to a forensics company for that. :D

Oh, wait you advertise that you are a forensics company. Sorry, that's why I don't advertise that.

vrocco

Yeah I have done forensics for over ten years for federal government, private industry, and higher education. However, I just moved to a state that requires a PI license to do digital forensics. So until I go through that song and dance, I have had to take the forensics offerings off my web site. I actually still hold an insurance policy to cover liability for forensic investigations, I just can't do them right now. That's why I have been focusing more on data recovery and decided to venture into the realm of PC-3000 ownership.

I use some other software products for mobile forensics, but have never owned any of the Cellebrite offerings. Since the UME Touch was so cheap, I wondered if it would have a place in a data recovery lab rather than a forensic lab. Or if it is just more for phone repair shops?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
To answer your question about the Cellebrite UME Touch, it's advertised as a cell phone backup and transfer device rather than for data recovery and forensics. So I don't think it has any of the password bypass features, or is likely to have any ability to directly read the memory for deleted files. It's really more intended for the cell phone shops for fast transfers to new phones.

The UFED on the other hand is for forensics and is quite powerful. However even for $10K it still can't bypass the password on an iPhone 6, sorry. On their website they have a phone compatibility excel sheet, and it doesn't show support for that.

jol

Jared":17lj7m0a said:
the Cellebrite UME Touch, it's advertised as a cell phone backup and transfer device rather than for data recovery and forensics.
right

So I don't think it has any of the password bypass features, or is likely to have any ability to directly read the memory for deleted files.
right

It's really more intended for the cell phone shops for fast transfers to new phones.
exactly

XiangMayou

IPhone data can be retrieved back if you use iPhone Data Recovery .It provides you with 3 different modes, Directly Scan Your iPhone for Lost Data, Recover from iTunes Backup, Recover from iCloud Backup. All these modes are recoverable within 3 steps, connect, preview and recover. You can get the program and try it yourself.hope it can help you! http://www.any-data-recovery.com/produc ... overy.html

Thomasen

Recommend you can use Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery Mac, which can easily recover all lost data from iPhone, no matter you lost iPhone data due to iOS 8.2/8.1/8/7.1 updates, jailbreak, factory reset and other reasons.
This is the best I have used. It can recover 98% lost data

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Thomason, if you represent Tenorshare you are required to identify yourself as such. I don't mind software reps posting about their products, but deception will not be tolerated. Wondershare reps were already banned from this forum for this type of post.