RapidSpar Data Recovery Tool from DeepSpar

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like DeepSpar has a new more automated and less expensive tool coming out soon. www.rapidspar.com

[youtube]4Iy9NQqC9Dg[/youtube]

I hope this won't cut too much into the easy jobs when IT guys start getting a hold of them.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
It's from DeepSpar, so I hope it will be good enough to shut down and not push it when the drive is too far gone. I would guess it's just using a modified algorithm of what DDI already has, minus some of the more advanced features implemented.

pclab

This will do one thing: it will make us to raise prices, because we will start to see only the more damaged cases.
The cases were we can do some more "easy" money to help the business to run, will be less.

I see this like the computers that bring the Recovery Image on themselves, were the user pressing 2 or 3 buttons can format a computer. That was one of the parts of IT that only techs could do and now everyone (well almost everyone) does.
Data recovery will be the same.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
It's still $2,000 so I doubt it will be in every tech's toolbox. Will be more of a tool geared for the places that already tinker in data recovery.

On the bright side the lack of any end user operating means that it's owners won't be learning anything more about data recovery to give them a foothold into the business.

But I suspect it will clear out a good number of easier cases like the WD slow responding fix jobs we've all come to love.

But, ultimately it may mean the end of data recovery rates starting at $300 from the real professionals.

I honestly think that the guys at DeepSpar are anticipating the end of traditional spinners coming soon and giving one last push to sell more tools geared to them. Once HDD cases start declining and SSD cases become the norm, won't be much market for tools like DDI.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
It's faster than the green board PC-3000 for sure. And better at handling small block sizes with lower latency than PC-3000. But, overall Ace has closed that gap quite a bit on the new red cards, even running faster for relatively healthy drives. I think one advantage I see (in addition to the USB addon) is that the system is a bit more automated and takes less babysitting. Plus the task can be moved between stations, or cycled in/out of which job it being handled on a station, with no need to spend 10 min re-configuring or finding the settings. It's all stored on the destination drive. Seems to just streamline the process.

nissimezra

Did anyone test Deepspar?
I want to buy one but I'm not sure it can do much more than ddescue.

Any thoughts please share.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I've got DDI 4. I don't use it terribly often having PC-3000 Express here, but there is the occasional case where it reads better than anything else. Definitely better than ddrescue.

But, don't confuse it with a tool like PC-3000 which can do 100 times more things to actually fix drives. DDI is just an imaging tool really.